House of Representatives documents
- Daily Program: A guide to each day’s expected proceedings. The Daily Program is available about one hour before the House sits.
- Notice Paper: The official list of business (agenda) before the HoR. The Notice Paper also contains Questions in Writing (formerly known as Questions on Notice).
- Votes and Proceedings: The official record of the proceedings of the House. This record contains the proceedings and decisions of the House and the Federation Chamber; and the attendance of Members in the House, including any leave.
- Matter of Public Importance (MPI): Published on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of a sitting week.
- Live Minutes: Draft House Minutes – updated every five minutes when the House is sitting.
- House Hansard: Official transcript of proceedings. Hansard is the name given to the edited transcripts of debates in the Senate, House of Representatives, Federation Chamber and parliamentary committees. They are published shortly after the chamber or committee proceedings have concluded.
- Disallowable Instruments: An informal listing of tabled instruments for which disallowance motions may be moved (published for each sitting).
- Tabled Papers: Databases, indexes and guidelines relating to documents tabled in the Parliament. Tabled papers include documents and artefacts presented to Parliament in the course of its proceedings. The term ‘tabled’ literally means that a document has been laid on the Table in either or both chambers. The tabling of a document effects the publication of that document and the protection of parliamentary privilege.
- Unanswered Questions in Writing: This list of Parliamentary Questions in Writing is updated every sitting day.
- House Bills List: A complete list of all bills before Parliament for the current calendar year and details of their progress through both houses of Parliament.
- Notice Paper: The official list of business currently before the Senate.
- Questions on Notice database search form.
- Order of Business: The Senate Order of Business is issued each sitting day before the Senate meets as a guide to the matters proposed to be dealt with that day, and includes a list of government documents to be tabled. It is referred to as the Senate “Red” because of the distinctive red stripe along its top and side. The Red contains the most up-to-date information available at the time it is printed. The program in the Senate, however, is subject to change, so the details in the Red are updated throughout the day online in the Dynamic Red.
- Daily Summary: The Senate Daily Summary is issued by the Senate Table Office as a convenient summary of each day’s proceedings in the Senate.
- Senate Hansard: Official transcript of proceedings.
HOR Order of Business
Senate Routine of Business
House of Representatives seating plan
Senate seating plan
Parliament House Sitting Calendar